Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Day Late

Snow is finally falling here. Earlier, when it first began, it was falling in those big, fat flakes that look so pretty. It's the first time in recent memory that we've had a Christmas without snow, either here in the north country or in Albany. It might have even been the early 80's when we last had one. It's especially pretty here on the river. I took a couple quick pictures, but for some reason, I am unable to upload them this morning. I'll try again later. Usually by this time in the season, I'm already longing for spring; but we've had so little winter so far, that I'm not quite there yet. And it really only just officially turned into winter last week. Doesn't it seem ironic that on the first day of winter, the days begin to get longer .. the days slowly lighter? I understand hibernation perfectly. I would if I could. As it is, this upcoming period from January to around the end of April will be spent learning new skills, experimenting with old ones, and putting it all together for a new collection of handcrafted artisan jewelry to dazzle customers new and old in the 2007 season. For the moment, however, I'm cleaning up after a late summer into fall period full of home "construct, repair and replace". And there's still a bit more to do .. but it will have to wait until our home renovation account is replenished. It always costs more than you expect it will. Anyway, I'm off to dust, vacuum, polish, mop and wipe up ... and I am SO looking forward to a clean and tidy house so that I can get to work next week. It's the burden of a Type A, perfectionist, methodical Virgo to have everything in order. A place for everything and everything in its place ... well, as close as one can get with a man and dog in residence.

No comments: