Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Viking Expedition!












Well, here's a little bit of magic .. the Viking Weave in sterling silver. I can scarcely believe I've done this, I'm just so amazed at how well it turned out. The actual weave is done on a wooden dowel then, as I mentioned in my earlier post, drawn through a rosewood drawplate several times to compress the weave. It's not necessary, but I put a wire core through it - which ends as those loops that hold and catch the clasp. It's a dreary rainy day here today, so I think I'll take the time and try a necklace next! A tip of the hat to Andrea for the tips n tricks (and shortening the learning curve dramatically). I probably never would have tried it had I not seen hers. I feel a creative growth spurt! : )

1 comment:

Special K said...

Love the bracelet!! Question: where did you find your end caps... I cannot find these particular ones anywhere!

Kathy Kennedy
smelling.roses@hotmail.com