Friday, March 9, 2007

And now for something completely different!

I'd been wanting to make this one for a long time .. sometimes you just have to wait for the right moment. Don't know why today .. the mood struck. Took a while .. had to make all those wire "cages", add 'em to the beads, put an eye-pin through them all, connect them, then add the clasp. I was going to make a clasp for it, but I have a few of these Bali toggles .. and they seemed to echo the wire-wrapped cages .. so I used 'em. The beads are lava rocks - matte, pitted, earthy ... organic. Or rather, volcanic.

I thought about calling the piece "Rock On" .. but I have a couple other ideas for that name. I started thinkin' about lava .. which lead me to Pompei. So I call it Ancient Civilizations. It's a hefty bugger! Not for the 'faint of heart' or 'shy of accessories' person. Woof!

No comments: